About Our Parish

Humble Beginnings

Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish began as a mission of St. Joseph's Parish in Alice on December 12, 1942.  After two years of fundraising projects, the church was completed at the Farm Street location and dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe.  With care of the Spanish Dominican Fathers, the mission grew rapidly and the small church was expanded in the 1950s to accommodate more people.  In 1960 the people of the mission built a parish hall for religion classes and other programs.

In 1966 the parish hall was moved to the present locatoin of the church on Beam Station Road.  In 1969, the new church on Beam Station Road was completed and dedicated.

 

Growing Through Change

In 1970 it became an official parish staffed by priests of the Diocese of Corpus Christi, who also served the people of St. Peter Mission in Ben Bolt.  In 1994, Santo Niño de Atocha Mission was built and became a Mission of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  The care of St. Peter Mission was given to St. Elizabeth of Hungary Parish in Alice and recently obtained a resident priest.  A new bell tower erected in 2003.  Our Lady of Guadalupe has more than 1000 familes, many of whom involved in a variety of ministries that enhance the life of the parish.

Looking to the Future

 

 
Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!